UX design bootcamp including preparation for the basic certification CPUX-F of the UXQB®. The certificate "UXQB® Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience - Foundation Level (CPUX-F)" certifies that the certificate holder is familiar with the basic terms and concepts from the field of usability and user experience in the most important fields of competence.
- 234 teaching units full of UX methods, concepts
- 12 weeks online V-Classroom-XL training & workshop + test + certificate
- LIVE ONLINE seminar with V-Classroom-XL - Video Audio - ONLINE REALTIME WHITEBOARD - eLearning Portal - Virtual Classroom
- San Francisco, Los Angeles 9 am - 1 pm local time
- Seattle, Vancouver 9 am - 1 pm local time
- New York, Boston, Toronto, Quebec 12 am - 4 pm local time
- Halifax 1 pm - 5 pm local time
- 10 Participants maximum - NO mass training - much time for individual questions
- Examination Certified Usability & UX Professional Foundation Level
- Examination and certificate "Usability Academy - UX Designer"
In addition to the basics of CPUX-F, the seminar conveys all the important concepts for developing and designing websites / mobile, tablet, web apps and TouchDesign in many practical exercises.
On a project, you will develop concepts and prototypes for digital products and services based on the fundamentals of the Human Centered Design process according to ISO 9241 and the fundamentals of Usability & User Experience.
You start with a context of use analysis, develop personas and derive user requirements for your project.The basics of good design help you to create usage scenarios, user flows and prototypes. You learn how to use perceptual psychology, intuitiveness and affordances in interaction design.You will learn to test and evaluate iteratively with real users and video recordings. Unique: Planning, implementation and evaluation of remote usability tests with real users.
The training for every UX professional who wants to increase their conversion rates and who want to implement good web usability & UX (user experience).
Motto of the seminar: From the idea to creative methods, storyboard, to the interactive prototype.
- 234 teaching units - 1 unit = 45 minutes
- 12 weeks parttime (4 hour modules per day)
- Start-ups / Web & Mobile Responsible
- Product manager web, mobile, tablet
- User interface designer web, mobile, tablet
- Software engineers web, mobile, tablet
- Project Manager
- Quality manager
- All those involved in development projects who work and have a say in the design of user interfaces for web, mobile and tablet solutions marketing, web usability, conversion rate optimization
The human-centered design process - Human Centered Design
- Understand the essential elements of human-centered design
- 6 principles of human-centered design
- Involve users
- Iteration based on frequent usability evaluation
- Addressing the entire user experience
- Agile development and Lean UX
- Maturity levels of usability maturity
- Example of usability maturity levels
Basic terms - Usability & User Experience
- Usability & User Experience (UX) & the difference
- Concept of usability
- Effectiveness, efficiency & satisfaction
- Design & implement user experience
- Goal, user interface, dialogue and interactive system
- Accessibility and resources
- Essential contents of ISO 9241
- Responsibilities of a User Experience Professional
- Differentiation between usability and user experience based on practical examples (IOS / Android / Windows Mobile)
Planning the human-centered design process:
- Work results and methods
- Human-centered quality goals
Understanding and specifying the context of use
- Elements of the context of use
- Task models & goals
- User groups, user group profiles and persona
- Primary users, secondary users, indirect users
- Actual scenarios versus usage scenarios (target scenarios)
- Interview and observation techniques
- User journey map
- Description of the context of use after collecting the data by interview
- Create persona
- Formulate the scenario as is
Specifying the usage requirements
- User needs versus user requirements
- User requirements as a subset of the stakeholder requirements
- Identify user needs - What does the user really need?
- Deriving user requirements
Specifying the interaction
- Task modeling as the basis for task-appropriate interactions
- Interaction specification with usage scenarios and storyboards
- Information architecture and navigation structure
- Basic principles of 'good UX design', golden ratio, aesthetics
- Perceptual Psychology - Mental Models, Affordances, Gestalt Principles
- Design rules
- IOS / Google style guide
- Formulation of usage scenarios using the example of a mobile app / tablet app
- Developing storyboards and wireflows
- Harmonization of the design via wireframes
- Develop the detailed use cases
- Development of interactive prototypes for a mobile app
- Exercise with Invision or Axure
- Types of usability tests
- Select and formulate usability test tasks
- Prepare and carry out usability tests
- Document and communicate usability test results
- Inspections and user surveys
- Types of inspection
- Inspection criteria
- User survey
- Development of test tasks for an online usability test, e.g. RapidUserTests
- Formulation of the screening criteria for usability tests
- Preparation of the documents for a remote / crowd usability test
The seminar is based on the curriculum of the International Usability and User Experience Board (UXQB) and finishes with the certification exam of the UXQB® Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience (CPUX-F). If you are interested, you can optionally take the exam for the Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience.
The seminar contents correspond to the curriculum and glossary of the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB), which is recognized by the Professional Association of Usability Professionals (German UPA).
Examination Certified Usability & UX Professional Foundation Level*
- Participants take the exam for the Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience Foundation Level
- The exam contains 40 multiple choice questions
Examination and certificate "Usability Academy - UX Designer"
- Exam for UX Design Professional
- Online test with about 40 questions
- Multiple choice questions
- Award of the Usability Academy certificate
*Information for the CPUX-F exam:
- The exam can take place remotely from home (75 minutes)
- You need an undisturbed (home) workstation and a computer with webcam and microphone, stable internet connection and either Chrome, Firefox or Opera Browser.
- You are free to choose the date. It could be useful to prepare 1-3 days. Some use a weekend in between for intensive study.
Included in the price:
- CPUX-F & UX-Designer exam fee
- Literature: Basic knowledge of usability and user experience / Thomas Geis, Guido Tesch and 4 other books