Trainer and Managing Director MBA Dipl. Ing. Achim Schlaugies
If you have any questions about our courses, please contact us
Achim Schlaugies is the Managing Director of Aventaurus Consulting Ltd and has many years of experience in the areas of usability, user experience and interaction design, as well as consulting and project management. Among other things, he worked as a Manager at Accenture and Lufthansa Systems, where he guided software development projects of all sizes. He led projects for geodata management and document management in the public sector. He started his career in automation technology and control technology and implemented various projects in the field of process visualisation for the then AEG.
After earning his first degree in communications engineering and industrial engineering in Germany, he completed an MBA program at the Erasmus University - Rotterdam School of Management with a focus on information technology and internationalisation. He used time abroad, like at the Wits Business School and at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa, working on eCommerce strategy topics. He gained further international experience in projects in South Korea, China, Italy, Eastern Europe and India.
Today, his focus is in the field of
- User Experience
- Interaction Design
He has been leading projects to reengineer and design user interfaces of
- Mobile Apps for iPad, iPhone and Android for the Energy division of a major German electronics company
- Training concepts and training materials for the Indian branch of a major German electronics company
- New conception of industrial coffee machines based on touch screen
- Cross-Cultural Usability for the automotive industry
- Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad and Android for rehabilitation applications in the health care sector
He is also a lecturer for HCI - Human Computer Interaction at the University of Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern.