UA3015 UX-Designer CPUX-F Medical Products IEC 62366
UX-Designer in 3 days including basic certification CPUX according to UXQB® and all basics for the development and design of medical devices according to EN62366 / IEC 62336 and FDA, incl. Usability File.
The certificate"UXQB® Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience - Foundation Level (CPUX-F)" certifies that the certificate holder is familiar with the basics of usability and user experience.
The training teaches all important concepts for the development and design of medical devices according to EN62366 / IEC 62336. From the basics of ISO 9241, through usage context analysis, persona, conception, prototyping up to usability testing + test + certificate.
The training for every UX Professional in medical device development who wants to implement the latest changes in IEC 62336-1 and FDA.
Unique: Planning, execution and evaluation of remote / not supervised usability tests with real users.
The focus of the training is on practical exercises. For all concepts of the CPUX training, there are extensive practical exercises for tablet and touch design of medical devices.
Usability File: The training shows which work results should be found in the usability file.
The UX-Designer medical products provide all professional beginners with the most important Usability & UX methods according to the official criteria of IEC 62366 and the curriculum of the UXQB (Usability & UX Qualification Board).
Approved UXQB® Certificate: Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience - Foundation Level (CPUX-F)
- 3 days
Option: 3. day 3.30 pm – 4.45 pm CPUX-F exam (Please announce with registration, if required)
- Manufacturer of medical devices
- Product Manager Medical Products
- User Interface Designer
- Software Engineers
- Project Manager
- Quality manager
- All involved in development projects, who participate in the design of medical devices and have a say.
- The training is divided into 2 blocks
- Block 1: CPUX-F Curiculum with references to medical devices
- Block 2: The Usability File and IEC 62366-1 REVISION
Usability principles and guidelines:
- Overview of Usability, User Experience, UCD User Centered Design, ISO 9241
- Basics of User-Centered Design ISO 9241-210
- Most important standards and guidelines ISO 9241-11 /110 /12
- The difference between Usability & User Experience
- Principles of Dialogue Design
- Intuitivity and Affordance
- Standards and Guidelines
- The difference between Usability & User Experience, practical examples
Understanding and specifying the usage context:
- User Groups, User Group Profiles and Personas
- Primary Users, Secondary Users, Indirect Users
- Current scenarios versus target scenarios
- Interview and observation techniques
- Make reference to the Usability File
Specifying the user requirements
- User needs versus User requirements
- User requirements as a subset of stakeholder requirements
- Identifiying user needs - What does the user really need?
- Derivation of usage requirements
- Make reference to the usability file
Specify the interaction
- Task modeling as a basis for task-appropriate interaction
- Interaction specification with usage scenarios and storyboards
- Usage objects, information architecture and navigation
- Basic Principles of 'Good UX Design', Golden Rules
- Perception Psychology - Mental Models, Affordances, Design Priciples
- Design and design rules
- Formulating usage scenarios
- Developing storyboards and workflows
- Harmonization of the Association via Wireframes
- Iterative User Centered Design & SCRUM
- Developing detailed use cases
- Development of interactive prototypes and their documentation in the usability file
- Exercise with Axure
- Types of usability tests
- Select and formulate usability test tasks
- Prepare and run usability tests
- Document and communicate usability test results
- Inspections and user surveys
- Types of inspection
- Inspection criteria
- Types of user surveys
- Questionnaire selection and -design
- Developing test tasks for a crowd usability test for an app or user software, e.g. Rapid user tests
- Formulation of the screening criteria for usability tests
- Preparation of documents for a remote / crowd usability test
- Evaluation of test videos of the probands
Process management and use of methods
- Process roles
- Work results in usability engineering
Usability File (IEC 62366)
- Structure of the usability file
- Specify requirements for usability
- Verification and validation method for usability
- Preparation of test plans, execution and documentation of tests
- Arranging content; in which file (usability file, risk management file, quality management manual, etc.) should results be documented and how should the files be linked?
Other Aspects - Differences in IEC 62366 / FDA Conformity / Interaction with ISO 14971
- The IEC 62366 and the usability-oriented development process
- Interaction of IEC 62366 and risk management according to ISO 14971
- Construction of a usability file, documentation structure
- Procedure for testing usability: U.a. Inspection procedures (such as Style and Design Guidelines, ISO 9241, Heuristics), usability testing, and quantitative and
- qualitative user surveys
- Documentation of test specifications and test results
- FDA compliance issues
The training is based on the curriculum of the International Usability and User Experience Board (UXQB) and concludes with the UXQB® Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience - Foundation Level (CPUX-F) certificate exam. Interested participants can optionally take the Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience exam on the 3rd day from 3:30 to 4:45 pm.
The training content corresponds to the curriculum and glossary of the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB), which is accepted by the German Association of Usability Professionals (German UPA).
Test and Certificate "Usability Academy - UX Designer Medical Products"
- Exam as a UX Design Professional
- Online test with about 40 questions
- Multiple choice questions
- Usability Academy Certificate
CPUX-F certification exam:
Price: € 1.895,- plus VAT
Recommended prerequisite: None - Also suitable for beginners